The Tamiya MudMad is the second R/C model assembly kit on the super-compact and fun to drive SW-01 chassis. The body itself is inspired by off-road vehicles and was dreamt up by designer Takayaki Yamazaki who fans of Tamiya will remember from the Dual Ridge kit and other Tamiya vehicles.
SW-01: Super-Compact 4WD
190mm long and 150mm wide, the SW-01 is a compact, highly fun 4WD chassis. A Type 370 motor is central in the slim monocoque frame, with gears transmitting its output to the front and rear of the model, where 70mm tires translate it into a powerful drive. The chassis power source is mounted in the top section to allow wild wheelies under acceleration. Strut type 4-wheel independent coil sprung suspension utilizes single piece upper arms to link left and right wheel steering motion, helping suppress roll during turns, and together with front and rear differentials realize a tight turning circle.
1/24 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 190mm.
Lightweight and durable polycarbonate body. It is magnet- secured for swift attachment and detachment, and comes pre-painted in PS-3 Light blue.
The body leans in the direction in which the model steers, achieving remarkably tight turning circles and helping to suppress roll.
Strut style suspension.
A central Type 370 motor transmits power to the front and rear in a gear-driven 4WD setup.
Can be used with standard size servos and R/C equipment despite its compact nature.
Aftermarket battery note: Battery pack size must be under 66x36x15mm in size.
Requires: 2-Channel Radio, ESC, standard size servo, 7.2-7.4volt battery pack & compatible charger.
Compatible with: item 51610 RC T301 Battery Case for use with 4 AA batteries if desired
Part Number: 57412
Surface Type: Off-Road
Motor Type: Brushed
Here are a few things you may need to know about our delivery service.
- Delivery is to mainland UK addresses only. Some areas in the highlands may incur extra delivery charges as couriers charge more for these deliveries. If you live in the highlands or any outlying regions, please contact us before placing your order to confirm if we offer delivery to your area or if there will be any additional charges.
- To keep our customers as safe as possible, we’re only able to deliver products to your doorstep. We’ve made sure that our drivers can comply with social distancing guidelines while completing deliveries by knocking on the customers’ door and waiting at least two meters away.
- Delivery is included in the price of most products unless stated otherwise. There will be an additional delivery charge for orders under £50. The charge will be shown on the checkout page.
- We will deliver your order using either a next working day delivery service or within 2 - 4 working days, depending on the service selected. For next working day delivery, the cut off time is 12pm and goods are dispatched on weekdays only.
- We request mainland UK customers requiring the next working day delivery service to place their order before 12pm.
- For next working day delivery, we use DPD local and for the 2 - 4 working days delivery service we use Myhermes.
- Once goods are dispatched, we will email you the tracking number for the parcel. Please provide a valid mobile number so we can add it to the consignment so you can also get updates on your mobile phone.
- On listings where the shipping time states “Dispatched within 3 working days” those orders will be delivered within 3 to 5 working days.