Production of the Volkswagen Beetle (Type 1) began in 1949 and thanks to its distinctive rounded form with no-frills interior, it became a familiar sight across the world. Powered by a rear-mounted flat 4 engine, the lightweight Beetle offered superlative reliability and uncomplicated upkeep, which helped make the car a fixture on the global rally circuit from the 1950s through to the 1980s. This R/C model assembly kit is inspired by such rallying Beetles. Its lightweight polycarbonate body artfully captures the Beetle form, with metal-plated parts recreating bumpers and side mirrors. Stickers and light pod parts give the model a rallying air.
MF-01X - Compact 4WD At Home on a Range of Surfaces
Based around a tough monocoque frame with integrated gearboxes, this compact 4WD chassis gives a thrilling drive whether you take it on road or flat dirt surfaces. It features a rear-mounted motor, with gear-driven rear wheels and a propeller shaft taking power to the front. Both front and rear gearboxes have differential gears. The battery pack location in the chassis center secures excellent balance, while 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension employs friction dampers. Off-road capable M-05Ra chassis uprights and hub carriers, plus rally block tires are also included.
- Left: The MF-01X chassis offers three different wheelbases. This model uses the L (239mm) setup.
- Right: Power from the rear-mounted motor is provided by gear to the rear diff, and propeller shaft to the front.
- Left: 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension is cushioned by friction dampers.
- Right: Rally block tires are on hand to provide great grip, even on potentially slippery dirt surfaces.
- Length: 397mm, Width: 163mm, Height: 151mm
- Wheelbase: 239mm (L)
- Tire Width/Diameter (Front & Rear): 26/60mm
- Tread (Front & Rear): 138mm
- Monocoque Frame
- Shaft-Driven 4WD
- 3-Bevel Differential Gears
- 2-Piece Steering Tie-Rod
- 4-Wheel Double Wishbone Suspension
- Front & Rear Friction Dampers
- Gear Ratio = 9.5:1
- Type 540 Motor
- Electronic Speed Controller
Separately Required Items
- 2-Channel R/C Unit
- Battery Pack & Charger
- R6/AA/UM3 batteries for transmitter
Part No: HC-58650
Power Source: Electric - Brushed
Surface Type: Off Road
Vehicle Type: Touring / Rally Car
Build Level: Unassembled (Kit)
Here are a few things you may need to know about our delivery service.
- Delivery is to mainland UK addresses only. Some areas in the highlands may incur extra delivery charges as couriers charge more for these deliveries. If you live in the highlands or any outlying regions, please contact us before placing your order to confirm if we offer delivery to your area or if there will be any additional charges.
- To keep our customers as safe as possible, we’re only able to deliver products to your doorstep. We’ve made sure that our drivers can comply with social distancing guidelines while completing deliveries by knocking on the customers’ door and waiting at least two meters away.
- Delivery is included in the price of most products unless stated otherwise. There will be an additional delivery charge for orders under £50. The charge will be shown on the checkout page.
- We will deliver your order using either a next working day delivery service or within 2 - 4 working days, depending on the service selected. For next working day delivery, the cut off time is 12pm and goods are dispatched on weekdays only.
- We request mainland UK customers requiring the next working day delivery service to place their order before 12pm.
- For next working day delivery, we use DPD local and for the 2 - 4 working days delivery service we use Myhermes.
- Once goods are dispatched, we will email you the tracking number for the parcel. Please provide a valid mobile number so we can add it to the consignment so you can also get updates on your mobile phone.
- On listings where the shipping time states “Dispatched within 3 working days” those orders will be delivered within 3 to 5 working days.