The classic Tamiya Monster Beetle is an iconic R/C kit. This version takes the classic body, shrinks it to a smaller scale, and mounts it on a variant GF-01 chassis called the GF-01TR!
The GF-01TR fits the gear-driven GF-01 chassis with reduction gears (also known as portal axles). This modification allows the hobbyist to better transverse trail terrain as it lifts the bottom of the chassis to better clear obstacles that could high center the vehicle and render it stuck.
This gear-driven 4WD chassis is based around a lightweight and tough monocoque frame, with power provided by the centrally-positioned motor. Reduction gears on each axle slow drive shaft rotation for immense traction, great ground clearance, and the ability to take on tough off-road terrain. The gearbox is sealed to protect from dust and debris, and integrated into the frame; built-in differential gears provide superb traction and durability with the use of included diff putty. 4-wheel double wishbone suspension utilizes friction dampers, while a 2-piece tie rod steering setup with the servo on the left gives excellent response. Yellow wheels are fitted with 115mm diameter hybrid pin spike/lug pattern tires for superior cushioning and grip. The chassis utilizes a ‘square’ setup with similar tread and wheelbase lengths.
1/14 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 333mm, width: 270mm. Wheelbase: 274mm.
Body is molded in red ABS Plastic. It depicts a customized Beetle with gaping fenders, triple auxiliary lights and a shortened rear end.
Metal-plated parts for headlights, auxiliary lights and engine.
The model is based upon the tough, reduction gear-fitted GF-01TR variant chassis.
37.35:1 gear ratio (with the kit-standard 18T pinion gear) gives great drive. The model is also compatible with 20T pinion gears (for a 33.61:1 gear ratio).
Yellow wheels are complimented by 115mm diameter hybrid pin spike/lug pattern tires for superior cushioning and grip.
Includes 540-type motor.
Includes Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC (electronic speed control) Capable of running sensor brushless motors and brushed motors alike. (21.5 Turn BL motor limit) (23 Turn brushed motor limit).
Requires: 2-Channel Radio, servo, 7.2-7.4volt round shape battery pack & compatible charger, and Tamiya TS paints.
Part Number 58672
Surface Type Off-Road
Motor Type Brushed
Here are a few things you may need to know about our delivery service.
- Delivery is to mainland UK addresses only. Some areas in the highlands may incur extra delivery charges as couriers charge more for these deliveries. If you live in the highlands or any outlying regions, please contact us before placing your order to confirm if we offer delivery to your area or if there will be any additional charges.
- To keep our customers as safe as possible, we’re only able to deliver products to your doorstep. We’ve made sure that our drivers can comply with social distancing guidelines while completing deliveries by knocking on the customers’ door and waiting at least two meters away.
- Delivery is included in the price of most products unless stated otherwise. There will be an additional delivery charge for orders under £50. The charge will be shown on the checkout page.
- We will deliver your order using either a next working day delivery service or within 2 - 4 working days, depending on the service selected. For next working day delivery, the cut off time is 12pm and goods are dispatched on weekdays only.
- We request mainland UK customers requiring the next working day delivery service to place their order before 12pm.
- For next working day delivery, we use DPD local and for the 2 - 4 working days delivery service we use Myhermes.
- Once goods are dispatched, we will email you the tracking number for the parcel. Please provide a valid mobile number so we can add it to the consignment so you can also get updates on your mobile phone.
- On listings where the shipping time states “Dispatched within 3 working days” those orders will be delivered within 3 to 5 working days.