2 Man Delivery Included
5 Year Warranty
Discover just how intense dramas can be with the Sony BRAVIA KD55A8BU 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV. Only with OLED do you get the true blacks, shadows, and colours the creator wanted you to see. Each pixel is individually controlled rather than lit from the sides, so there's no haze – you'll really see the difference during those Planet Earth documentaries.
At the heart of the A8 is Sony's X1 Ultimate Processor. Everything is enhanced – you get incredible contrast, true-to-life colour, and exceptional viewing angles.
Made for action
Frantic football matches, fast-paced films, speedy video games – whatever's on your TV you want it to run smoothly. The KD-55A8 makes sure your picture doesn't skip a beat thanks to X-Motion Clarity tech behind the screen.
The screen is the speaker
Sound and picture are brought together in perfect harmony with Sony's Acoustic Surface Audio. It's pretty unique – the sound comes directly from where the action is happening on screen, making your entertainment more immersive than ever.
You can boost your sound further by adding a sound bar to your A8. The two-way metal stand not only looks good but can be rotated to offer space for a sound bar in front.
Dim the lights, search for a romantic movie on Netflix, and check how long your pizza takeaway will be – all without lifting a finger. With Google Assistant built-in, all you need to do is ask.
Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+ – you can watch all your favourites directly on your TV with a press of a button. And don't forget you've still got BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and the rest to catch up with - it's even easier to find the shows you've missed by scrolling back through the YouView TV guide.
- Product Type MOLED TV
- Features HDR Technology + Google Assistant
- Display Resolution 4K Ultra HD
- Smart Yes
- Colour TV: Black
- Stand: Dark silverMaterial- TV: Aluminium
- Stand: MetalInternal menu languages39 languagesBox contents
- Sony BRAVIA KD55A8BU 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV
- Voice remote control
- AAA batteries
- AC power cord
- Table top stand
- Operating instructions
- Quick setup guide
- TV: 712 x 1227 x 52 mm (H x W x D)
- TV with stand: 733 x 1227 x 326 mm (H x W x D)
- Boxed: 832 x 1362 x 184 mm (H x W x D)Weight- TV: 16.8 kg
- TV with stand: 18.6 kg
- Boxed: 25 kg
- Guarantee5 years
- Voice control Via remote
- VR function Yes
- VESA mount 300 x 300
- Table-top stand Yes
- Sleep timer
- Parental lock
- WiFiBuilt-in WiFi
- Ethernet Yes
- Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.2
- HDMI 2.1 x 1
- HDMI 2.0b x 3
- Composite input x 1
- USB 3.0 x 1
- SB 2.0 x 2
- Optical x 1
- 3.5 mm jack
- Smart platform Android TV
Smart TV services
- Catch up TV: BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, My5
- Streaming: Netflix 4K, Prime Video 4K, Disney+, Google Play Movies & TV, Rakuten TV, Mubi, Chili
- App store: Google Play Store
- Custom homepage
- Full internet browser
- Social media: YouTube 4K
- Gaming appsPlease note: Some services are only available in the UK Voice controlled assistant Google Assistant Screen mirroring
- Chromecast (Android / iOS)
- Apple AirPlaySmartphone app- Video & TV Sideview app
- Android TV Remote appOther smart features- Netflix Calibrated Mode
- IMAX Enhanced
- Amazon Alexa Google Assistant
- Apple HomeKit
- Screen size 55"Screen technology
- OLED Resolution 4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160p
- Dolby Vision
- Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG)
- TV tunerFreeview HD
- Please note: Some services are only available in the UK.Electronic programme guide7-day EPG and 7-day catch up with YouView
Processing rate X-Motion Clarity
- X1 Ultimate Processor
- TRILUMINOS Display
4K Ultra HD compatibility
- Video CODEC: HEVC H.265 / VP9
- 4K upscaling picture enhancement
- HDR game modeYes
- Noise reductionYes
- Energy efficiency class B
- On-mode power consumption 131 W
- Annual power consumption182 kWh
- Speakers 2
- Audio power 30 W
- Dolby Audio
- Dolby Atmos
- S-Force Front Surround
We will deliver any of our products to your home using our 2 man delivery team. Here are a few things you may need to know about our delivery service.
- To keep our customers as safe as possible, we’re only able to deliver products to your doorstep or garage. We’ve made sure that our drivers can comply with social distancing guidelines while completing deliveries by knocking on the customers’ door and waiting at least two meters away.
- We will always contact you at least a day before delivery to make sure you are available and happy to accept delivery on the scheduled day.
- You will be given an estimated time slot for the delivery and the driver will also call you at least 30 minutes before arrival so you can be prepared to accept your delivery. We'll also give you the driver’s number just in case there are any issues.
- Delivery and collection of large appliances and TVs are to the ground level only. Appliances that need to be collected for recycling must be emptied out and left outside the property. Kindly note appliances cannot be collected as parts and must be as a whole unit.
- Your goods will be unpacked on delivery so you can inspect them to make sure you have received them in perfect physical condition and all accessories are complete.
- Delivery is included in the price on most products we sell and we will deliver your appliance within 1 to 3 working days of order to most parts of the UK unless stated otherwise. Deliveries to Scotland take place every Saturday & deliveries to the south of the country to areas such as Devon and Somerset normally take place on either Thursday or Friday.
- Due to unprecedented demand, some items may incur a delivery charge as those goods will be delivered by an external courier. For these items, the delivery charge will be shown on the checkout page.
- On listings where the shipping time states “Dispatched within 3 working days” those orders will be delivered within 3 to 5 working days.
- If you have any special requirements, please feel free to contact our helpful staff so we can advise the best possible way to accommodate any of your needs. You can either contact our sales team on 01922 494 608 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.