PLEASE NOTE! This version is supplied without an electronic speed control.
Tamiya is delighted to announce the release of this updated version of the most requested back-catalogue classic, the Monster Beetle!
The original Monster Beetle #58060 was released back in 1986. After a long absence it is back as an updated assembly kit ready to traverse back yards across the country.
The model features a stylized version of the timeless Volkswagen Beetle body, mounted on an all-action 2WD chassis fitted with big tires for rough-and-tumble off-road fun.
This updated version promises to be great fun for both beginners and Tamiya R/C kit veterans alike!
1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit.
The injection-moulded plastic body accurately captures the classic Tamiya Monster Beetle shape and style.
A driver figure is also included.
Where possible, the markings from the original model design have been recreated and combined with some newly designed markings.
The rugged ABS space-frame chassis from the original model (58060) has remained.
The chassis uses a double-wishbone front with trailing arm rear suspension setups that work in tandem with the CVA oil dampers.
The rear universal drive shafts transfer power smoothly and come with rubber boots to protect them from dust.
A large dust cover is included to protect the R/C equipment.
The incredible 130mm diameter tyres with lug/pin spike tread provides fantastic off-road performance.
The tyres are also paired with gold-effect, one-piece wheels.
Radio Control System with 1 Servo, Speed Control, 7.2v Battery, Charger and 8 AA batteries are required to operate the model. Paint is not included.
Part Number: 58618B
Surface Type: Off-Road
Assembly Type: Un-Assembled (Kit)
Vehicle: Monster Truck
Motor Type: Brushed
Here are a few things you may need to know about our delivery service.
- Delivery is to mainland UK addresses only. Some areas in the highlands may incur extra delivery charges as couriers charge more for these deliveries. If you live in the highlands or any outlying regions, please contact us before placing your order to confirm if we offer delivery to your area or if there will be any additional charges.
- To keep our customers as safe as possible, we’re only able to deliver products to your doorstep. We’ve made sure that our drivers can comply with social distancing guidelines while completing deliveries by knocking on the customers’ door and waiting at least two meters away.
- Delivery is included in the price of most products unless stated otherwise. There will be an additional delivery charge for orders under £50. The charge will be shown on the checkout page.
- We will deliver your order using either a next working day delivery service or within 2 - 4 working days, depending on the service selected. For next working day delivery, the cut off time is 12pm and goods are dispatched on weekdays only.
- We request mainland UK customers requiring the next working day delivery service to place their order before 12pm.
- For next working day delivery, we use DPD local and for the 2 - 4 working days delivery service we use Myhermes.
- Once goods are dispatched, we will email you the tracking number for the parcel. Please provide a valid mobile number so we can add it to the consignment so you can also get updates on your mobile phone.
- On listings where the shipping time states “Dispatched within 3 working days” those orders will be delivered within 3 to 5 working days.