Enter the GEN2
This is an R/C model assembly kit depicting the GEN2 car used from 2018 in the Formula E championship, the pinnacle of electric car racing. The sleek, high-tech body with cowled wheels is recreated in polycarbonate. Halo, mirrors and rear diffuser/bumper are separately molded components. Markings are included to recreate the Championship Livery car, and the model is based upon the shaft-driven 4WD of the TC-01 chassis.
- Viewed from the rear, highlights include the prominent diffuser. The realistic polycarbonate body is composed of eight parts.
- Stickers are included to recreate the light blue markings of the Championship Car, with the user painting black and silver areas.
- Front wheels are covered by fenders in a really striking design. Areas between fender and nose can be left uncut and clear if desired.
- Left: A separately molded plastic depiction of the halo adds realism to the cockpit. Side mirrors are likewise separate parts.
- Right: Take a closer look at the separated rear wing, which is supported by individual stays, and adds to the futuristic look.
TC-01: Seriously Low-Profile
This durable composite monocoque-frame chassis provides shaft driven 4WD from a central motor via front and rear propeller shafts, with oil filled gear differentials. 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension employs long arms, plus inboard setups front and rear with oil dampers actuated by push rods and rocker arms to allow the use of low-profile bodies. Adjust spacer width to easily alter camber, skid and toe angle settings. Both suspension arms and uprights are identical left, right, front and rear, for more efficient pit work.
- The TC-01 features the motor in the center of the monocoque section, with power going to front and rear gear differentials.
- Why employ inboard suspension? One look at this image shows just how low profile the chassis is, enabling a range of bodies.
- This overhead view shows the position of the inline motor, with propeller shafts on hand to send power to the front and rear.
- Long A-shaped suspension arms not only give an ultra-realistic look, they also endow the chassis with exemplary durability.
- Spacers and shims can be used to simply and effectively fine-tune your model by altering toe, camber and skid angle settings.
- High performance CVA oil dampers are actuated by a combination of rocker arms and pushrods in the inboard front suspension.
- A brushless motor is recommended, and separately sold pinion gears can be used for gear ratios between 7.50 and 5.25:1.
- Precision gear differential units are oil filled designs, allowing you to fine-tune performance with different viscosities.
- Suspension arms and uprights are identical across the model, helping make your life easier when it comes to pit work.
- Left: Take a look at the underside of the chassis, which has a flat surface to minimize surface contact and drag.
- Right: This image shows the model with replaced bumpers and body mounts, transforming it for touring car use.
- Left: A range of 1/10 scale R/C touring car bodies can be used on the chassis, making it a versatile addition to your fleet!
- Right: See the car in action, in this video which is now showing on our official YouTube account.
- Length: 430mm, Width: 188mm, Height: 99mm
- Wheelbase: 257mm
- Tire Width/Diameter: 24/64mm (Front & Rear)
- Composite Monocoque-Frame Chassis
- Shaft-Driven 4WD
- Front & Rear Oil-Filled Gear Differentials
- 3-Piece Steering Tie-Rod
- Front & Rear Inboard 4-Wheel Independent Double Wishbone Suspension
- CVA Oil Dampers (Front & Rear)
- Gear Ratio = 6.56:1 (with kit 24T pinion)
- Type 540 Motor Required (not included)
- Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) is sold separately.
Separately Required Items
2-channel R/C system
Motor + ESC
Battery pack & charger